VMSTV STAFF PAGE
File Name Format: Smith_Jones_Sarah's Story
1. Let's begin with a classic Steve Hartman story
IF THERE'S TIME...
General Story Rules...
1. We don't do stories about events that happened in the past. This is because we weren't there and do not have b-roll. Home video and photos are boring and you are required to shoot the story and not use someone else's photos.
2. We DO produce stories about events that are happening now. This is because you can be there to capture the video.
3. We don't do stories about "things," but we do produce stories about people doing things. No stories about stores or restaurants, but maybe a story about a kid who works at a family restaurant.
4. There needs to be an important reason why we do a story about someone. Remember that you need to get 51% of the class to approve your story pitch.